He said, “I didn’t know that I was allowed to have opinions and thoughts about so many things. I have all these ideas that go through my head and now I know I can think about them and do something about them for myself.”
An Estuary is pleased to announce the release of a new white paper and an accompanying BYOD session at ISTE 2014 led by An Estuary COO, Margaret Roth and Baltimore City Public School Teacher and An Estuary Certified PD provider, Sara Henschell.
The white paper, titled PersonalizED (available for free viewing and download) was written by Roth and Henschell and Johns Hopkins University School of Education professor Mary Ellen Beaty-O'Ferrall, Ph.D.
Additionally, session participants will be the first to earn a physical Open Badge. Designed by An Estuary and integrated with Mozilla's Open Badges platform, the physical badges are true physical embroidered badges programmed to link via Android to digital evidence of professional learning.
Lastly, all ISTE participants are eligible to earn graduate workshop credit by taking part in the "Field Workshop" course on Sanderling. Credit for the successful completion of the course is made possible by the University of Akron.
See you in Atlanta!
PS... Here's some info to prepare folks who plan to attend the PersonalizED BYOD session.
We are thrilled that you will be joining us for our ISTE BYOD Session PersonalizED!
Prior to your arrival at our session, we have a few things that you need to do to be ready to jump right in! This should take you less than 15 minutes to complete.
1. Download or open your Google Chrome web browser.
2. Go to https://sanderling.io.
3. Click "Sign-Up" to create your Sanderling account. (Sanderling is where all of our session resources and activities are located!)
4. Enter your email address.
5. Click "Sign-Up."
6. Fill out the additional information to create your account.
7. Click "Sign-Up." This will take you to the Sanderling home page.
8. Click "Find Courses."
9. Scroll down until you see "PersonalizED :: A Guide to Creating Personalized Learning Ecosystems."
10. Click "Sign-Up."
11. Click "Go To Class."
12. Now you are in our PersonalizED Class! Which has all kinds of great information about Personalized Learning and will be our home base during our session.
13. Watch the 2 minute video and follow the included instructions to complete your pre-session activity!